Carbon Commander by Univow goes beyond auditing by addressing the entire carbon mitigation lifecycle.
Carbon modeling, reporting and compliance have been on the horizon for companies since the Kyoto Protocol was signed in 1992. However, with few exceptions, most have waited for formal legislation to be passed before acting.
With the agreement to globally address GHG emissions with country targets coming out of the 2015 COP21 Paris Agreement, organizations are seeing the impending need -- from investors, customers, employees and governments -- to manage and reduce their footprints. Faced with a choice between two sets of solutions, what is an organization to do?
The lowest cost solutions are carbon calculators. These are spreadsheets that estimate a footprint based on simple data and rules of thumb with some science behind them. Unlike those solutions, Carbon Commander uses verifiable calculations that stand up to rigorous tests. As a result, Carbon Commander future-proofs you against carbon taxes, carbon credits/trading, and stakeholder scrutiny, especially from customers and investors.
At the other end of the product spectrum are carbon modeling consultancies and their complex toolsets. Unlike these solutions, Carbon Commander has packaged the scientific rigor into an easy-to-use product.
Unlike both sets of products, Carbon Commander helps manage carbon reduction programs and tasks to effect change and not just leave the plans to collect dust on a shelf. Part of that management is escalation of late tasks and part is transparency of reporting across the organization.
- Easy to load carbon/GHG source data
- Broad scope of measurements (Scope 1, 2 & 3)
- Business travel
- Verifiable calculations (unlike carbon calculators)
- Easily understood carbon/GHG reports to use with staff, customers, investors and other stakeholders
- Ability to create footprint eduction programs for complete scope including
- Other Energy
- Assign tasks to roles across the organization
- Assign people to roles for easier management of footprint reduction programs
- Monitor progress with automatic escalation of late tasks and projects
- Measure real vs. planned benefits